Benefits of Handmade Soaps
1) INGREDIENTS The very best reason to use handmade soap is the ingredients. Typically handmade soap is made of vegetable oils and butters that are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients that are essential to healthy skin. Many of my customers have told me that handmade soap has not only improved their skin, but changed their lives by relieving them of itchiness, dryness and skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne. Everyone wants healthy skin and switching to daily use of handmade soap is the best place to start.
2) REAL SOAP It is commonly called soap, but that mass produced commercial stuff that you get at the grocery store is anything but. You have an array of personal cleansers to choose from that are labeled as deodorant soap, body bars, body washes and my personal favorite (eyes roll) the beauty bar. These are just chemical cocktails made of detergents and downright disturbing synthetic ingredients that dehydrate and age skin, cause allergic reactions and have been linked to various forms of cancer. Handmade soap is the real deal and one of the most appealing aspects is that harmful and unnecessary ingredients are NOT added to make it.
3) GLYCERIN Glycerin isn’t added to a handmade soap recipe – it’s created during the soap making process! Glycerin is an emollient that softens and maintains water balance by attracting moisture to your skin. It is proven to be so beneficial to your skin that it is extracted from commercial ‘soap’ and reserved for higher priced body care, hygiene and pharmaceutical products. Handmade soaps retains all of its natural glycerin glory and produces a rich and luxurious lather that is unparalleled to any other.
4) LASTLY, NO HARM When you purchase handmade soap from The Essential Olive, you can be certain that no humans were harmed, impoverished or subjected to sweat shop working conditions in the process. No communities or natural habitats were laid to waste by the run off from a some large chemical factory and we don’t use lab animals to test our products.
So there! If you haven't tried a handcrafted soap yet, do it soon! I have said this before and I will say it again, your skin will love you for making the switch. You will find yourself needing to use body moisturizers less often and the money you save on that can be used for other important things.
Benefits of Felted Soaps - Multi-purpose
1. You no longer need a bath lily/bath mitt or wash cloth.
2. You no longer need to purchase scrubs as the wool will gently exfoliate your skin.
3. Wool is also naturally anti microbial and using a natural fiber on your skin is way better than using a synthetic bath lily...anytime! No germy mess! You will have to squeeze the water out of the felted soap after you are done so that the soap remains dry until your next shower. The felted soaps is like a self foaming bath lily/mitt. Simply wet the felted soap and rub in circular motions to create a bit of friction between the wool and the soap and viola, lather! Your soap will last longer in the shower too.
4. You do not need to buy bottles of bath gels in plastic containers and that's one less plastic bottle for the landfills. You will still have pretty soaps in your bathroom gently scenting it.
5. You will no longer have slippery soaps to drop!
6. After your bar of soap is gone, you will be left with a tiny piece of felted wool and you can also use it as a little scrubby for your sinks!